The negotiation and proper documentation of the terms and conditions of business agreements entered into by and among corporate entities and individuals is critical to the success of any business, regardless of size. Betts Patterson Mines offers legal advice and assistance to corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, trusts and proprietorships of all sizes and in all stages of development, involving a wide range of business transactions and diverse industries including product manufacturing and distribution, computer software and technology, forest products, construction, healthcare, professional services, real estate purchase and sale transactions, leasing and development, and wholesale and retail food distribution. Legal services provided by attorneys in this practice area include:
- Business formation, start-ups and choice of business entity
- Business acquisitions and disposition, including real estate purchases, sales and leasing transactions, and contract document preparation
- Corporate organization and dissolution
- Employer/Employee relations
- Taxation of businesses
- Regulatory compliance
- Environmental issues
- Financial transactions
In addition to its representation of middle market businesses located in the Pacific Northwest, BPM also represents national and international businesses with interests in this region or that are seeking to enter the market through strategic acquisitions or the establishment of branch offices. Business transaction attorneys work collaboratively with lawyers in other practice areas, including employment practice, estate and business planning, taxation, commercial litigation, environmental law and other specialties to identify potential issues and develop workable solutions leading to the successful consummation of the client’s transaction.
- Assisted major wireless communications company with the assimilation of over 75 partnership entities following acquisition of regional wireless company serving the central United States.
- Assisted Seattle based family owned regional wholesale distribution company in transitioning business ownership to third generation. The company has been continuously operating under family ownership for over 100 years.
- Assisted large, multi-national steel manufacturer through its U.S. based subsidiary in acquiring a specialty steel manufacturing business and facility located in the state of Washington.
- Represented seller in structuring, documenting and closing a $10 million sale of a Seattle based wholesale distribution and engineering service business, serving Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Utah and parts of Wyoming, Montana and Nevada.
- Represented large Seattle medical office in a sale of its Eastside branch practice to new ownership.
- Assisted engineering service company and manufacturer’s representative with transition of business to new ownership.
- Defended two debt resolution companies in bankruptcy matter. Our clients were sued by the trustee for the bankruptcy estate to recover funds paid by the debtor to our clients to resolve their debts, under a fraudulent conveyances theory. We were able to favorably settle the claim filed by the trustee for less than the alleged amount alleged to have been fraudulently conveyed.