Betts Patterson Mines strongly encourages our attorneys and staff to participate in programs and organizations that work to support and build our community. We proudly donate our time and money throughout the year to organizations such as:
American Lung Association – Fight for Air
- The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research.
American Red Cross
- The American Red Cross helps prepare communities for emergencies and keep people safe every day.
Campaign for Equal Justice
- Legal Aid for Washington Fund (LAW Fund) and its Campaign for Equal Justice raise charitable contributions to ensure justice is a reality — not just for those who can afford it — but for everyone in Washington state.
- Food Lifeline is a nonprofit food distribution agency working to provide nutritious food to hungry, low-income people in Western Washington state.
- Foss Home and Village, seeks to provide excellent health care services, primarily for older adults, and to promote life in the fullest possible sense for each person.
Friends of the Educational Opportunities Program, University of Washington Office of Minority Affairs
- The UW FEOP’s mission is to increase access to higher education for underrepresented students.
Immigrant Families Advocacy Project
- The Immigrant Families Advocacy Project is a partnership between the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project and the University of Washington School of Law.
Junior League of Seattle
- The Junior League of Seattle is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
King County Bar Association – Pillar of the Bar
- Pillar firms are those that support the mission and activities of King County Bar Association through 100% membership among the attorneys in the firm. The mission of the King County Bar includes: promoting professional excellence; strengthening the administration of justice; ensuring the availability of legal services for all persons; increasing public understanding of the law; providing opportunities for professional growth and development; and demonstrating leadership in the legal community.
Muscular Dystrophy Association
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association is dedicated to curing muscular dystrophy, ALS, and related diseases by funding worldwide research.
National Foundation for Judicial Excellence
- The National Foundation for Judicial Excellence supports a strong, independent, responsive judiciary by providing officers of the courts with educational programs and other tools that enable them to perform at their highest level.
New Beginnings – Ending Domestic Violence
- New Beginnings’ mission is to provide shelter, advocacy and support for battered women and their children; and to change attitudes and social institutions that foster and perpetuate violence.
Swedish Cancer Institute
- The Swedish Cancer Institute’s mission is to be the largest and most comprehensive cancer treatment program in the Pacific Northwest.
Toys for Tots
- The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver, through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them in becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens.
Treehouse for Kids
- Treehouse for Kids is uniquely committed to improving the lives of our kids living in foster care.
Urban Indian Legal Clinic
- The Urban Indian Legal Clinic provides free legal services for Native Americans in the Seattle area.